By: Decota Letman
There are a million and one ways to improve time management but these few tips should a start to get anyone in the right direction!
1) Meditate. Take a few minutes each morning to mentally prepare yourself for the day. Do a mental checklist of your task but most importantly breathe. Turn off your phone and use this time for YOU before jumping into your workload. Setting the tone for the day will maximize productivity and minimize distractions.
2) Get off of social media! With the rise of millennials and technology, social media has become the number one time killer. View social media as a treat to yourself, enjoy it only AFTER you have completed all of your objectives for the day but do not let it consume you or your time.
3) Develop a Routine. Developing a routine will allow you to become more aware of how your time is spent and you will be less likely to waste it. Set an hour aside to exercise every morning or three hours solely for school work and don’t forget your down time!
4) Utilize a planner. Planners are lifesavers! It allows you to jot down all of your tasks and puts everything in one place. Check it off as you go. If you are more tech savvy, utilize your tablet’s calendar, notes, and reminders section. Physically seeing what you have to get done will get the overwhelming feeling of a whirlwind going on in your head.
5) Reflect on your day. At the end of each day, take time to reflect on what you have accomplished and what you could have improved on. Were you productive? Did you get everything you needed to get done? Did you make the best use of your time?